Myron L Company announces the release of a new product line, the UltraPen PTBTx, Bluetooth enabled Pocket Testers for use with Apple iOS 6 and iOS 7 mobile devices.
These instruments are designed to be extremely accurate, fast and simple to use in diverse water quality applications. Advanced features include automatic temperature compensation; highly stable microprocessor based circuitry; user-intuitive design; and waterproof housing. The PTBTx Pocket Testers are easy to calibrate and easy to use.
- PTBT1—Conductivity, Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), Salinity, and Temperature, with the ability to select from 3 different solution types that model the characteristics of the most commonly encountered types of water.
- PTBT2—pH and Temperature with 1, 2, and 3 point calibration options.
The PTBTx Pocket Testers replace the standard LCD display typical to most pen-type meters, with a Bluetooth BLE transceiver that transmits measurements to any paired Apple iOS 6 or iOS 7 mobile device where the readings are displayed in large, easy-to-read characters via a free App specifically designed to take full advantage of the Apple iOS Graphical User Interface (GUI).
Another significant advantage to the PTBTx is there are no bothersome wires connecting your mobile device to the sensors. Not only is it less hassle to move quickly from sample to sample, but the paired mobile device can be held safely away from the liquid samples being measured.
Using PTBTx mobile app’s GUI:
- Each PTBTx can be given a unique, user programmable, 14-character name that is stored in the microprocessor onboard the PTBTx so that it is easily identifiable no matter what mobile device it is used with.
- Locations can be programmed into the application, either as GPS related locations that are automatically selected whenever the user is close to a specific measurement local, but also as non-GPS related locations. This non-GPS location feature is ideal for applications, such as laboratory environments, where the user might want to distinguish between sample sites that are too close to each other for the GPS to discriminate.
- Each measurement can be saved to the mobile device’s memory. Saved records include measurement data, sensor settings, the temperature, the pen name, and the location.
- Records can be exported via your mobile device’s email function as either .csv, MS Excel .xls or .xlsx formatted files or using Myron L Company’s .mlc, proprietary, secure and encrypted format.
- Stored measurements can be easily sorted and/or filtered, and emailed separately or deleted without affecting other records stored in the device’s memory.
The PTBTx combine highly accurate measurement capabilities with the most up to date GUI interface and computing power to provide a powerful tool for both field and laboratory applications.
NOTE: PTBT3 - ORP & Temperature, PTBT4 - Free Chlorine Equivalent (FCE ™) & Temperature models, and Android compatible application coming soon.
For more information, enter your email above and we will notify you when they become available.
UltraPen and PTBTx are registered trademarks of Myron L Company.
Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG