Need an operations manual? Find it here: Download Manual
ULTRAPEN PTBT1 Conductivity/TDS/Salinity Pen. Bluetooth enabled Pocket Testers for use with Apple iOS 6 and iOS 7 mobile devices. This instrument is designed to be extremely accurate, fast and simple to use in diverse water quality applications. Advanced features include the ability to select from 3 different solution types that model the characteristics of the most commonly encountered types of water; proprietary temperature compensation and TDS conversion algorithms; highly stable microprocessor-based circuitry; user-intuitive design; and waterproof housing. A true, one-handed instrument, the PTBT1 is easy to calibrate and easy to use. To take a measurement, you simply press a button then dip the pen in solution. Results display in seconds.
ULTRAPEN - PTBT1
Another significant advantage to the PTBT1 is
there are no bothersome wires connecting your mobile device to the sensors. Not
only is it less hassle to move quickly from sample to sample, but the paired
mobile device can be held safely away from the liquid samples being measured.
Using PTBT1 mobile app’s GUI:
• Each PTBT1 can be given a unique, user
programmable, 14-character name that is stored in the microprocessor onboard
the PTBT1 so that it is easily identifiable no matter what mobile device it is
• Locations can be programmed into the
application, either as GPS related locations that are automatically selected
whenever the user is close to a specific measurement local, but also as non-GPS
related locations. This non-GPS location feature is ideal for applications,
such as laboratory environments, where the user might want to distinguish
between sample sites that are too close to each other for the GPS to
• Each measurement can be saved to the mobile
device’s memory. Saved records include measurement data, sensor settings, the
temperature, the pen name, and the location.
• Records can be exported via your mobile device’s
email function as either .csv, MS Excel .xls or .xlsx formatted files or using
Myron L’s .mlc, proprietary, secure and encrypted format.
• Stored measurements can be easily sorted and/or
filtered, and emailed separately or deleted without affecting other records
stored in the device’s memory.
The PTBT1 combine highly accurate measurement
capabilities with the most up to date GUI interface and computing power to
provide a powerful tool for both field and laboratory applications.
1. Push Button - turns instrument on in saved measurement mode; selects mode and unit preferences.
2. Pen Cap - provides access to battery for replacement.
3. Clip - holds pen to shirt pocket for secure storage.
4. Battery Indicator - indicates charge left in battery.
5. Display - displays measurements, mode options and battery indicator.
6. LED Indicator Light - indicates when to dip instrument in solution, when measurement is in progress, and when to remove instrument from solution.
7. Electrodes - measure electric current of solution.
8. Cell - contains flux field in defined area for accurate current measurement.
9. Scoop - contains sample solution for measurement when sampling from a vertical stream. To use, slide the open end of the scoop over the bottom of the pen until the neck of the scoop is flush with the top of the cell. Hold pen with scoop end under stream. Rinse and fill with sample solution 3 times. Fill with solution again, then take measurement. We recommend you recalibrate the pen using the scoop to retain accuracy of ±1%.